Time

An unwelcome character has been knocking on my door since June 
Frap, frap, frap!!

Hello? I respond, wearily. 
Hello Rachel. It's time, he whispers.

I slam the door in his face and tell him he's crazy and I'm not ready.

Over months, he keeps knocking. And each time I answer, we speak a little bit longer.

Gradually, I find the courage within myself to face the dreaded words - re entry, transition, leaving.

How could I leave this beloved country?

When will I be back?

Why now? I'm just getting good at this thing.

And yet the Father of Time continues to knock gently and speak tenderly. 

Finally I ask:

Father Time- will I make it? 
Will this whole transition be okay?

What about all the people I love and care for?

You'll be okay. Better. stronger. But not until you rest, heal, re-integrate. 

I have good plans for you. I am preparing you for something great.

I love all of my children. I love all humankind. I will care for your friends. I will watch over them and protect them. 

Ok Father. 

.... but are you sure it's time?

Yes, my dear. It's time. I will carry you.


It's time to care for your heart for a while....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"This is Haiti"

Deborah

Haitian Ladies