God of Abundance

Our God is a God of abundance.
That's what thought keeps entering my mind this week.
Murph's team from Pathways Church in Ft. Wayne, Indiana was here last week and headed back to states this past Saturday.
They loved abundantly, gave abundantly, served abundantly while they were here.
They welcomed me into their family and I welcomed them into my new Haitian family and the clinic here.
They brought gifts in abundance when they came. They were given a wish list very last minute (by me) and exceeded all expectations.
They reminded me why I'm in Haiti. They ate normal American snacks that I had almost forgotten about.
They came, they served, they took initiative, they loved... all with abundance and out of abundance.

See in Haiti, the mentality is a lack of abundance. It's a mentality of poverty. Since I've been here my mentality of abundance has gradually diminished. Things get stolen, I get hardened. I start to act as if there isn't enough. Isn't enough to go around. Not enough food, supplies, money... love, grace, mercy, second chances, transformation to go around. This is not how God works.

I desire to live out of abundance here. To show the people around me what God's abundance is like. I can only do that by living out of the abundance God shows me every day. It's not my job to hold the purse strings and decide who gets what. It is my job to act responsibly with the resources he's given me but it's also my job to spread the love of Christ and live out of a generous spirit.

Tonight I opened some packages that friends and family sent for me personally and for the clinic. It absolutely blows me away that people want to bless our clinic, want to send supplies, want to send me protein and fiber bars so I'm a little more comfortable here... want to send me a yoga mat, etc. etc. I am so humbled and so awed and so blessed by people back home giving out of abundance.

Thank you for encouraging me. Thank you for being my team and community back home, cheering me on, sending packages, sending emails, liking posts on facebook, responding in my time of need, and praying fervently and faithfully for Haiti. Thank you for reminding me of God's abundance. Thank you for your incredible hearts for Haiti and the wonderful people here.

I could not do this without you... but more importantly, I could not do this without God's abundant love, grace, mercy, and generosity He has towards me.

2 Corinthians 9New International Version (NIV)

Generosity Encouraged
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written:
“They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor;
    their righteousness endures forever.”[a]
10 Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 11 You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generouson every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
12 This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. 13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. 14 And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. 15 Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"This is Haiti"

Deborah

Haitian Ladies