Ask

I am bad at asking.
So I'm going to practice... which is hard for me.
I have been encouraged by very wise people (mainly my counselor) to ask for what I need. Sounds simple right? I am very comfortable responding to other peoples needs on a daily basis.. I work in a big hospital system which means there are an abundance of needs every day. But my own needs? That's a bit harder and takes a quite a bit of self awareness to know what you really need (not the superficial stuff that initially comes to the surface like food, a massage, shopping, or a good beer).

So I'm asking for:

1. Grace. I've never done this before. (This meaning ..being a missionary). I am doing my due diligence, my research, taking the right steps, etc. etc. etc. but it's not going to be perfect. (I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who expects me to be perfect).

2. Support. Encouragement. Prayer. I need people on my team and in this with me.. and I know there are many. I am abundantly blessed with absolutely phenomenal people in my life who are ready and willing to help. Thank you.

3. Financial support. This is the hardest part for me. In my perfect controlled world (that exists only in my mind), I would have $10,000 set aside in savings and not have to ask for any money (those of you that know me well know that I'm very frugal and financially responsible). I'm working on all the details of how you can financially support me but as of now you can mail checks made out to We Care Haiti with "Rachel Zimmerman" in the memo line to:
2530 W ELDORADO PARKWAY, SUITE 200, MCKINNEY, TX 75070
I'm currently working on a digital link for people to donate quickly and easily.. unfortunately there's always a cost tied to that. And I'll be posting soon a blog detailing my expenses and what financially support will go towards.

Thank you for bearing with me, encouraging me, loving me, and learning alongside me. Love you all.

I'M MOVING TO HAITI!


Matthew 7:7-11 NIV
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

Matthew 21: 21-22 NIV

21Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. 22If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"This is Haiti"

Deborah

Haitian Ladies