Pain // This World

This world that we live in is ripping me up. I can't imagine how God feels because He sees it all and knows it all. I see just a pin point of the world's suffering and it's enough to spiral me into a depression.

I live in this world where children are sent to orphanges because their parents can't pay for an education. These desperate parents don't understand the vast consequences of their actions.

I live in this world where 'orphanage directors' often known as 'pastors' pay for children to live in their orphange, traffic children, and exploit children to attract white people to partner with their orphange in order to make money.

I live in a world where people are not able to get adequate healthcare and are turned away from hospitals in the midst of labor, severe trauma, when they are dying or simply 'not sick enough.'

I live in a world where two girls in the orphange close to me are severely malnourished, sad, depressed, and chronically sick. One of the girls was empty and emotionless when I took them to the closest malnutrition center a few weeks ago.

I live in a world where even children who aren't in an orphanage don't have it good. My own little Reginald has minimal love and affection in his life and is expected to basically raise himself at age 4.

I live in a world of inequality, of deep pain and suffering. I don't really know what to do with all of it other than keep doing what we are doing at the Onaville Community Health Center which is providing quality and compassionate healthcare to every individual that walks in the door. I also cry every once in a while and at my worst, talk very cynically about this world and the pain that I see.

God give me the grace and mercy to shine in the place you have planted me. Give me wisdom in knowing how to intervene and how not to, how to help and not hurt, how to be your love to this bleeding world.

with Maudie* at malnutrition clinc, trying to get her to smile

with Lucie* at malnutrition clinic; she has a beautiful, resilient, quiet spirit 

Reginald and I the day I got back to Haiti after my most recent trip to states 

I kinda can't handle how cute he is. 

God place your hand of protection over the children of this community, country, and world. Make them resilient. Whisper sweetly to them about how much You love them. Give them imaginations to escape the harsh realities of their lives. Tell them how special they are. Send your angels to protect their bodies, hearts, and minds. 

* names modified


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"This is Haiti"

Deborah

Onaville Community Health Center